2014

2014

Friday, November 04, 2011

Konichiwa


Well I am very exited for my parents. The just received their mission call to Tokyo, Japan! So neat. When I told my kids, Miles was super excited because he had just been reading a book based in Tokyo. He asked, "I wonder if Grandma and Grandpa know what konichiwa means?" They do. And he does. He then asked about another word, one I didn't know, and I told him he can talk to Grandma and Grandpa later. :)

But how neat for my folks. They will most likely be serving in the mission office. My parents lived in Iwakuni, Japan many moons ago; so they are a little familiar with Japan. While the thought of them being away from us for 18 months does totally make me sad, I'm so glad they are doing this.

Yay!

11 comments:

Emily said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited they are going to Japan!! Our little Pugh family has ties to Japan as well! When do they leave?

Meg said...

SO EXCITING!!! Too bad they are just a country below my mission spot. When do they leave? Are you going to go visit? You definitely should!

erinmalia said...

yea for mom and dad!

Stacey said...

Wow, how exciting!! Congrats and good luck to them....they will be amazing! 18 months will fly by.

emily said...

they enter the MTC on the 5th of December. i'm not sure when they leave the states, though!? @megs: oh we would love to visit. but i'm pretty sure it will not happen.

megan said...

That is so great! Congratulations to them!

i {heart} hawkes said...

such great news! you will have to keep us all posted on the jim and dixie updates from japan. very exciting.

Niederfam said...

Seriously, that is SO AWESOME. What an opportunity and overwhelming one, I'm sure, but WOW. They will be FANTASTIC.

courtney said...

that is so great!!! i think you guys should go visit. or, just skype. it is easier and cheaper than international travel. :)

Nicole said...

I am so excited for them! I was a bit shocked, but then I realized that they had been there and found out they lived there! What a neat experience for your whole family. They will be awesome!!

Montrose Lewises said...

Japan?? Awesome!
I love the kiddos pictures!