2014

2014

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My 33rd Birthday. . .

So it was pretty much a normal day, but sprinkled here and there with sweet birthday-ness.

Ben asked a couple of weeks ago what on earth he could do for my birthday.  So I did give him one idea:  schedule it with your work to go in later so I could go on a morning run.  He did and I did.  Loved it.

A bunch of handmade items were given to me throughout the day (plus cadbury mini-egg secretly hidden throughout the house. . .).  Items like cards, backyard flower bouquets, necklaces and the like.  It was all very sweet.

Here are some pictures:
 A handmade pipe-cleaner and bead bouquet from Miles.  So love.

 One of the many bouquets from all my kiddos.

 Sweet card from Jonas.  Each card from my kids came with "coupons."  Miles' coupon was for a bouquet of flowers.  Jonas had 2:  a 1/2 hour bike ride with him and a 1-hour bike ride with him.  And Emmy's was to make my bed.  Awesome.

 Here we are with my strawberry rice krispie cake.  YUM.  (Made by mine truly, Ben.)

And the classic blow-out the candles picture.

That nite Ben and I watched some old Cary Grant movie, "Holiday."  It was great fun!

And there you have it.  My 33rd birthday.

P.S.  Jonas and I did finish a 300-piece puzzle.  That was fun because Jonas was so, so, so excited!

P.P.S.  A cute video of a cutie:
video

3 comments:

erinmalia said...

haha. jonas' coupons are awesome. how thoughtful of him. :)

i want a piece of that cake!

Rachelle said...

Agh! I thought of you, Wed., and knew it was about time for your bday, too! Glad your family spoiled you - and I love your cute curly hair! Miss you!

courtney said...

happy birthday! i love all the homemade gifts - and that cake looks pretty awesome, too. and really, is there a better way to spend a birthday than a nice morning run?