2014

2014

Friday, September 28, 2012

Click

It's too bad we can't print or upload pictures from our brain.  I would have gotten an excellent expression of Emmy just now.

We just finished making our bread dough.  Of course Emmy is gobbling up the left-over dough on the kneader and inside the mixer (I would expect nothing less from someone that has Galbraith genes in them. . .).  As she was eating away I said, "Oh, you better not go out in the sun today."  Emmy, of course, asked "why?"  To which I responded, "It will cook the dough inside of you!"

Oh her look.  It was so good.  A bit of shock mixed with some surprise and a sprinkle of fear.

Click.

She laughed when I told her it wasn't true.  Though she did ask me, "Has that ever happened before?"

Not that I know of. . .

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh I wish you could have gotten that picture too!! How funny! I've actually never heard that expression before- we weren't big on eating raw bread dough in my family. Cookie dough, yes. What a fun memory you'll have of this!

erinmalia said...

haha. i want to tell that to rhett!

i {heart} hawkes said...

that would have been a great look for sure! i can imagine her brain trying to process what you told her. sometimes it's fun being the parent and tricking your kids, but not in a overly mean way hee hee.

Montrose Lewises said...

I totally think of my Grandpa EVERYtime I eat watermelon. He always told me the seeds would grow in my belly, with quite the explanation of all the dirt I play in getting in there and all the yapping I do letting the sunlight in, ha!
Funny girl!