2014

2014

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentines

So my sister sent me this link to a cool Star Wars valentines.  I showed Jonas and he was super excited.  Then I remembered we had a great Halloween picture of him as Luke Skywalker and maybe I could use that.  Once I decided on that, I looked up Harry Potter valentines on Pinterest.  This is what I found.  Pretty cute and I definitely liked the genuine "Harry Potter" font.  Anyways, this is what I came up with:

 Sorry, I couldn't get the glare off the valentines.  But it's cute, huh?  (Just in case you don't get it, like maybe my parents wouldn't? . . . Miles is Harry Potter.  Riding a Nimbus 2000 or something like that - a fancy broomstick that Harry has in the books.)

 I was super pleased with Jonas', too.  I just love them.  :)  I just made a slit with a super-sharp razor-blade and Jonas stuck up the pixie-stick, i.e., Light-Saber.  Cool, huh?  It was totally cheap and fairly simple - especially because I used my sister to format the pictures side-by-side on a 4x6 print.  It made it super cheap for printing.

The boys were excited about them, too.  Although Jonas did say something like, "Don't say 'love' on my school ones."  Sorry, bud, too late.  I did think of that, too - but too late as well!

Ben has to drive to Littleton on V-day, so we won't be doing much as a couple.  But hopefully the kids and I can do a few fun V-day activities.  I'm thinking we might try and make these (sans red salt since I don't have any!) and deliver them to the boys' teachers when we go for Parent-Teacher Conferences in the afternoon.  (The boys have a 1/2 day of school.)  These would be fun to make with the girls!  Maybe play this cute game (scroll down until you see "Cupids Arrows").  And Emmy would love this hair-style if I can pull it off with her thin and short hair!  Oh, and make this yummy drink for a special after-dinner treat.

I saw this a while ago and decided to do it.  I started on Feb. 1st and each day I put up a heart on the kids' door with something that I love about them or why I love them, etc.  I even did it for Ben.  The kids all really like it - but Emmy especially.  Every morning she asks, "What does mine say?!"  And then when I tell her, she gets a sweet dreamy happy look on her entire face.  It's so precious.  And guess what?  On Feb. 8th I got 8 hearts stuck in my room for me . . . from Ben.  It made me so happy.  :)  Miles even made hearts up for everyone one night.  I think it's a tradition that I'll do every year now.

Anyways, I have lots of ambition for the day, but we'll see what I actually do . . .

4 comments:

erinmalia said...

what is behind miles's head in that picture? it looks like he's wearing a wreath. haha.

what an awesome tradition. remind me next year!

Niederfam said...

LOVE that tradition. I'm with Erin, remind me too!!!

LOVE the Valentines. My boys would totally LOVE those too.

Emily said...

The Valentine's you made are awesome!! They turned out SO well and I bet they loved handing them out to all their friends :)

Angie Hawkes said...

They turned out great!