2014

2014

Thursday, March 28, 2013

My 34th Birthday

All in all, it was a pretty good day.  Actually, the night before Ben took me out to dinner and then we went shopping at JCP.  Should I say who came home with more clothing . . . ?  You guessed it, Ben.  :)  I love what he bought, though, so I was still happy.  :)  He's a funny man, though.  He has been slightly complaining about his wardrobe as of late and wanting some new things.  So while we're at the store he's checking out shirts and asking me my opinion.  My opinion:  ummm, I think you have something exactly like it at home!  Luckily, I helped him branch out a bit and get some new/different styles.  Anyways, I did find a swimming suit and so that was pretty huge.  We had a fun night.

Anyways, back to my birthday . . . After the boys came back from school I decided I wanted to go on a bike ride - I had a few groans and so I had to throw out, "It's my birthday!"  It worked.  I pulled the girls in the bike trailer and the boys rode with me and we were out for quite a while.  It was lovely and warm.  We rode to a little park where we stopped and played.  Then we played in a bush.  Yes, a bush.  A specific bush.  My kids really like it.  Then this walk-way path has recently put in some new "work-out" things - you know, a bar, some rowing thing for arms, etc.  The kids liked trying them all out.  So did I.  I think it's great.  Anyways, I was glad to get out on a nice day.

By the time we got back it was after 5 and Ben was running late at work.  So I started whipping up dinner - this is what I chose.  It was pretty yum and the kids (all but Lucy) did pretty great at eating it, too.  I also worked on my rice-krispie cake (with frosting, of course).  The kids had gone to the dollar store on Saturday (they had some gift card from one of our friends - from Christmas) and bought junk stuff for themselves and some things for me.

 Oh they were pretty excited about giving me their special gifts.  (Yes, Jonas is trying to be Japanese.)

And here they are!  A mirror from Emmy - I actually needed this.  Some muddy-buddies for me from Jonas.  I don't think I've ever tried one before.  I'll try and pawn them off to the kids - I don't think it will be too hard. :)  But I'm sure I'll have to eat one, too!  A snow-globe from Miles - he loves it.  :)  Soap from Ben.  I think the kids made him buy me something, too.  And a "magic towel" from Lucy.  Cool!

By the time kids were down, milk bought, hair cuts done (for Ben and Miles), dishes done, phone calls made, etc., it was pretty late.  Ben and I did watch one episode of The Middle, but he forgot to give me a back-rub during it.  I'll take a rain-check on that, then.  :)

Happppppy Birthday to meeeee.

4 comments:

erinmalia said...

happy birthday sis! those are great pics of you with the kids. and of course you can play the "it's my birthday" card on your birthday!

Angie Hawkes said...

I'd say that was a pretty good haul from a dollar store. I love that we can see Ben's (?) arm in the reflection of the mirror taking your picture, so you're all in it!

Nicole said...

happy birthday! i love all the gifts your kids got you :) so cute and fun!

Rachelle said...

Happy Bday Emily! You're so young!