2014

2014

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Reality check

 What it looks like:  Emmy finding an egg.  Reality:  Emmy finding an egg.

 What it looks like:  a Maxwell Easter-egg hunt.  Reality:  a very simple and "thrown-together-at-the-last-minute" Maxwell Easter-egg hunt.

 What it looks like:  Jonas and an armful of eggs.  Reality:  Jonas and an armful of eggs.

 What it looks like:  a happy Emmy finding another egg.  Reality:  2 minutes later Emmy was crying because she only found two eggs.

 What it looks like:  Jonas and everyone helping Lucy get an egg in the tree.  Reality:  Everyone Loves Lucy.

What it looks like:  4 nice and well-behaved children checking out their spoils of the hunt.  Reality:  a lot of bickering over "hey that's my egg," i.e., "I don't care if you found that egg, that was one that I had decorated!"  It was sort of spoiled by a 9-year old and then more spoiled by said 9-year old's mother who lectured the kids and went off on a few other things . . .

P.S.  We did this early since we are going to be driving on Easter-Saturday and Sunday.  We are going on our first ever not-visiting-family vacation.  I LOVE visiting family, but I am excited to be going a real vacation, too.

P.P.S.  I'm 34 today!

4 comments:

Angie Hawkes said...

Have a great time on your trip! I made the ministrone meatball soup today in honor of your birthday of course! I subbed the chicken broth for beef and added some beans, we loved it! And Happy Birthday too, you young thing, you.

Kandy Sue said...

WooHoo for you!! I hope you all have a wonderful vacation and I hope you had a splendid birthday!!

erinmalia said...

haha. that miles. always making your life easy, right? have fun in CA!

Emily said...

Happy birthday!! Hope some celebrating for you manages to get in your week too :) Glad you are taking a non-family vacation! It will be a blast, I'm sure :)