2014

2014

Friday, April 19, 2013

All About Me

My cousin Emily posted this on her blog, called the Liebster Award, and then asked/nominated others to do the same. I, like my sister, will do the first 2 parts of it. So here I go: Part 1: 11 Things about Me

1. I am running a 1/2 marathon on June 1st - it's in Moab and is girl's only. I'm excited. Should I run with a tutu?

2. I made a self-rule (like maybe 6 months ago?) to not eat sweets/treats during the day. I make it 9/10 days, usually. Oh, it's just on the weekdays.

3. I love eating Edamame beans. At first, I thought, cool, I'm actually snacking on veggies! Then I thought, no, they are probably a legume. Now I found out that the USDA actually classifies beans as either in the veggie group or in the protein group. Awesome. Not only are they yummy, they are so fun to pop out and eat!

4. I would love to take my family and go live in a 3-world country. I would love to work/serve down there all together as a family. For like a year. I really wish we could. Somewhere like Guatemala. Bonus: If we went to Guatemala, I would be considered tall! Okay, maybe not tall, but definitely "average"!

5. I'm a pretty good jump-roper and hula-hooper.

6. My one and only goal for 2013 is to read all 4 Standard Works (the Bible, Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, and Doctrine and Covenants). I saw this outline and it gives me what page I should be at each day in order to have read them all by the end of the year. So far, so good. I'm almost to 500 pages in the Bible - more than I've ever read in my entire life, probably.

7. I wish I could get a school nurse job in 3 years.

8. These are currently on my nightstand: a lamp, an alarm clock, my patriarchal blessing, Quebec brochures, Cellist of Sarajevo, hair-ties, The 5 Love Languages of Children, Pioneer Trek 2013 packet, three Ensigns, The Teachings of George Albert Smith, a bookmark, and Happier at Home.

9. After 3 years (3 years people!) my library card is back in good-standing! I had a $20 fine I refused to pay for several reasons. 1. I did turn in the puppet they claimed I hadn't. and 2. The homemade felt puppet was only probably worth $5, if I'm being generous. But, for some reason, some nice lady cleared me of the charges last week. (I'd been using my kids' cards these past years.) The missing puppet still shows up under my card, but no longer a fine. So silly.

10. My favorite movie is "While You Were Sleeping."

11. It took me a really long time to come up with 11 things about ME. Not about my kids, but just me. I'm even cheating, and using this as my 11th, since I can't think of anything else!

Part 2: 11 Questions Answered

1. Favorite go-to recipe: Oh this is hard. But this is a Sunday-favorite: http://thefoodees.blogspot.com/2009/03/whole-roasted-chicken.html

2. If I could change one aspect of my life, what would it be: I think it would be that I wouldn't have to get up at 5:20 AM 9 out of 10 of my weekday mornings. I'm getting really, really tired of it. But I do love exercising in the morning, so I'll continue to do it as long as I have to. Why 5:20, though? Well I workout for about 45 minutes most mornings (except Fridays are closer to 30-minutes), then I read my scriptures, maybe check my email for a few minutes, then shower. I need to have this all done by 7am - the time I need to get my four kids up and ready for school/the day.

3. Childhood regrets: Hmmmm. Maybe just that I was nicer. I was by no means a Mean Girl. But I just wish I would have been more thoughtful to those kids that didn't have friends, etc.

4. Dog or cat person: Dogs. Hands down.

5. One favorite memory: This is a totally random memory. I had worked at a summer camp in Connecticut one year. It was kind of rough. My sister came out to get me when it was over and we toured the east coast - visiting New Hampshire, Vermont, etc. The whole trip was pretty cool. But I vividly remember my sister driving up to the camp to pick me up and me literally running to her car. I wanted outta there fast! See ya Camp Chinqueka!

6. Fave book character and why: Ramona? Why? 2 reasons: 1. I can't think of anyone else, which is ridiculous. and 2. Ramona is honest and funny. My sister said Scarlet O'Hara - that's pretty good. Gone with the Wind is one of my favorite books . . .

7. Least fave day: The days when Ben is only home for an hour or less.

8. Which parent am I most like and why: Seriously, I think I'm like them both.

9. Article of clothing owned longest: I have a skirt from my college days. So it's at least 12 years old.

10. Disneyland fave ride: Um, I went as a kid, but I don't really remember much. I'm not a Disneyland fan, really. Also, as I get older, rides are definitely less-appealing.

11. Fave kids book: Oh this is hard. I love The Seven Silly Eaters. I love all Fancy Nancy books. I loved reading Owls in the Family to my boys. I love The Best Loved Doll and think anyone who gives a doll to anyone must accompany it with this book. I love all books by McCloskey.

5 comments:

erinmalia said...

1. run with a tutu as a test before you try it out for 13 miles. maybe you'd be better off with a tiara?

8. that is a LOT of things on your nightstand!

11. surprisingly, i had the same problem.

-----

2. i get up at 5:43. love the odd-ball times.

5. i don't remember this at all! totally funny.

Emily said...

Thanks for playing along! It was fun to read up on all that stuff about you! I agree, it is pretty hard to come up with 11 things huh?

Funny story about your library card! Glad that is all sorted out! Who knew you could even check a puppet out!

Niederfam said...

So glad you are no longer a "convict" at the library. HA. So frustrating.

AND...so fun to read, glad you played along.

I can't believe Emmy is going to kindergarten, LOVE the photos you attached with the announcement. ;)

Nicole said...

Fun! This was a good idea. I loved all the facts about you and I agree with your sister. Holy nightstand!! Ha ha.

Molly is going to kindergarten too. Crazy! Loved her pics :)

courtney said...

5:20 is seriously early. i might even consider doing it if my kids would sleep until 7am! but still, you get a gold medal for that. :)