2014

2014

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Emmy's Last Day of Preschool

We had a great year with our four, sweet preschoolers:  Emmy, Millie (Camille), Jillie (Jillian), and Holly.   Each mother took a week each month and held preschool at our own homes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 8:30-10:30.  The girls baked, practice their handwriting, worked on math skills, always begged for "recess" time, cut, glued, crafted, went on field trips (the pumpkin patch, a nursing home, a house that had miniature horses), and hopefully learned a few things along the way.

Today was Emmy's last day.  She went to Millie's house and then we all (mothers + extra children) met up at the park and had cupcakes (which they had made) and just played and visited.  

We printed up some of the pictures from the year and the girls put them in to little photo albums for them to keep.  Very cute.  On my last day of preschool at my home, I asked the girls what they wanted to be when they grow up and put together a little picture collage.  Each girl got this in a frame:
(excuse the crooked-ness of it - i guess i didn't put it in the scanner very straight!)
When I asked Holly what she wanted to be, she first told me, "a teenager"!  Ha!  I loved it.  Then I asked her again, for when she was really older, and she told me a "chef."  Cute - and she was always so good with her baking/cooking skills!.  Jillie told me she wanted to be a doctor, an "animal doctor" more specifically.  She'd be great as she loves animals and isn't scared of them (like a couple of the other girls . . . my Emmy included).  Millie told me, without hesitating, that she wanted to be a "cowgirl."  Awesome.  When asked why, she replied, "I want to ride horses."  Perfect.  She'll be the cutest little cowgirl ever.  And Emmy.  Emmy!?  What?!  A farmer?!  Really?!  I had to question her about it due to her crazy fear of goats (we went on a walk once and she screamed and cried so hard at the goat that was behind a fence).  I asked her why she wanted to be a farmer and she told me something about living with all the animals.  "Like goats." Okay, whatever Emmy.  It's cute, even if it makes no sense.  :)

I'll miss seeing these girls (children and mothers, included!  :).

3 comments:

erinmalia said...

totally cute! i can't believe you did this for an entire year with four girls. so fun though.

Angie Hawkes said...

I agree with erin, how did you find the time/energy?! What a great experience for Emmy.

courtney said...

ha ha ha! ada is terrified of animals in general, too. she wants to like them - but i think they are just a tad too unpredictable for her. maybe she and emmy could get into farming together?