2014

2014

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mothers

Ben and I are lucky in that 1.  We have great mothers and 2.  We have great mother-in-laws.  Not everyone can say this, we know, and so we do feel really blessed to have a Dixie and a Diana in our lives.

To me, my mother is a woman of great capacity.  You give her any assignment and she will get it done and it will look/be great.  She knows how to work - in her yard (she's a master weeder), cleaning her home, her jobs/employment, plus her church callings.  She is not one to procrastinate and always spends a lot of time on lessons, tasks, etc.  She is not lazy.  She's a crazy fast walker (when she's out for exercise).  She still buys me clothes - every once in a while, and mostly from garage sales or second-hand stores!  She's fun to be around and actively plays with our kids.

My mother-in-law is also a very capable lady.  Despite some physical challenges she has, she has quite the to-do list and got-it-done list!  Her schedule of activities - most of them service-oriented - are impressive and exhausting.  Most of her time is truly spent in the service of others.  She works hard at all the tasks she has.  She supports me in my role of mother.  She is very easy to talk to and fun and comfortable to be around.  She's fun with my children and they love being with her.

My mother and mother-in-law are great examples to me in so many ways.

As Ben always says in his mother's day card:  we still need our moms.  :)

Happy Mother's Day Diana and Dixie!  We love you!

2 comments:

erinmalia said...

yay for those ladies!

courtney said...

hooray for moms!