2014

2014

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Fancy Nancy Dance Camp

We got a flyer in the mail from Dance Around, a local dance studio, about its dance camps for the summer.  I didn't let Emmy chose if she'd rather do the "Fancy Nancy" dance camp or the "Princess" dance camp.  I just made that choice for her - I mean, she was Fancy Nancy for Halloween, so it was an easy choice for me.  She had her dance camp this week - Monday thru Thursday, 10-1.  She had a great time.  They made crafts, read Fancy Nancy books, and . . . danced.  I was really happy she got the chance to do this!  An extra bonus:  it was so close to our house that we rode our bikes there each day for drop-off and pick-up.  Fun.

 Here she is with her shirt and water bottles.  She likes both the shirt and the water bottles.  :)

 Her shirt was huge - a youth Large.  So I snipped it up and tied it and it turned out pretty cute.  You can't totally see it here, but close.  I did snip the shoulder ties even more so they weren't so long . . .

 Today we got to come early for a little "show and tell" of what they had done during the week.  Ben even made it - awesome!  They made tutus, necklaces, etc.  Today they had a special party and got a party box full of little items like a mirror, brush, stickers, note-pad, etc.  And they got cupcakes.  Super fancy fun.

 Here is her poem and a coloring.  Each day had a theme around a Fancy Nancy book.  Awesome.

 They did a little "show" for the family, too.  It was pretty cute.  But Emmy was a little more reserved with her dancing - as Ben remarked, "I see her dance much better at home!"  It was true.  But it was still sweet and fun to watch.

And last but not least - Lucy.  She had to do a dance show of her own, of course!

Anyways, it was a fun, fun experience for Emmy.  I'm sure we'll be doing something like it again next year . . .

5 comments:

erinmalia said...

so cute.

Nicole said...

So fun! I love, love, love the idea. My girls are BIG fancy nancy fans. Wish someone here did one! If only I could dance, I'd do one :) ha ha!! Or maybe not!

Angie Hawkes said...

adorable dancers, both of them!

courtney said...

love it! in my experience, dancing that occurs inside the home is always a little less-reserved than dancing that occurs outside the home. :)

Montrose Lewises said...

Cute! Denver's in the Elmo dance camp this week and Adaiah's in the princess one in a couple weeks. I wanted Fancy Nancy, too, but it didn't work with scheduling. I wish they could have been in it together though!