2014

2014

Sunday, July 28, 2013

A first!

On Friday, while eating snack, Emmy started crying as she bit in to her food.  I just assumed her tooth ached and maybe she was getting a cavity (she's been given lots of candy lately . . . to encourage her to use the bathroom when she needs to . . .).  But a few hours later she came in from outside announcing that she had a loose tooth!  Oh she did and it was pretty loose!  So fun!

By Saturday afternoon Emmy was ready to get her tooth out.  I guess Ben tried and couldn't and so I told her to go get some TP and I'd do it.  And did it I did.  :)  It was quite simple and she didn't wince at all (she prayed she wouldn't cry  :).  Yay, so fun!  The tooth fairy even remembered to come!

Emmy was real excited for the tooth fairy. . . we had some of our bestest friends from here over last night.  Our friends are moving on Wednesday and so we were in no rush to have them depart.  By 9pm Emmy told me she wanted to go to bed so the tooth fairy could come.  She got her PJs on, brushed her teeth, pottied, and then I read her a book.  Even with the noise of the other 9 kids, she feel right asleep . . . so cute.


7 comments:

erinmalia said...

how much does the tooth fairy leave your kids? $20? hahahahahahaha. i need to write this down for future reference.

emily said...

i think we do like $1/tooth. but our fairy is quite cheap, i guess - we know plenty of fairies that give ridiculous amounts. i'm glad our fairy is more on the practical side. :)

erinmalia said...

i was thinking more like a quarter, so this seems quite ample.

Angie Hawkes said...

Sydnee would be so jealous if I showed her this post. She wants to lose a tooth pretty bad.

Nicole said...

So fun! yay emmy!

Montrose Lewises said...

Crazy! I keep seeing kiddos A's age losing teeth. I need the growing up to slow down! :D

courtney said...

she is motivated! going to bed before she had to...i hope the tooth fairy was nice to her!