2014

2014

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pioneer Trek

So I made my first pioneer bonnet yesterday.  It turned out way better than I expected since sometimes I wasn't quite sure what I was doing . . .

 She's so beautiful!  Even though it's huge on her, she looks way better in it than I do.  :)

 Do I look like a Ma?  :)

Yesterday we hit up our local thrift store and came away with 2 shirts for me, a perfect brim hat for me also, a pair of pants for Ben, a vest for Ben, and hiking shoes for Ben.  All for $0.00.  Awesome!  (We have some credit at the store . . . lucky us).

Oh, maybe I should have started out by saying that Ben and I are going on our Stake's Pioneer Trek.  In 12 days.  Crazy.  I hope it's fun and good and a learning experience and all that good stuff.  I hope Ben and I can have fun being together without our kids . . . but with 11 other "kids."

I hope our "other kids" behave better than my current ones.  :)

3 comments:

erinmalia said...

who is watching your real kids? i don't know if i'd want that kind of vacation or not! ha. how long is it?

Nicole said...

Good luck! I'm sure it will be fun! And exhausting, but fun! You look the part :)

Angie Hawkes said...

The bonnet is great! Have a good time. I've always wanted to go on trek but my stake didn't have it when I was growing up and my current stake decided to stop doing it about two years ago.
P.S. palisades is about 50 miles directly west of Jackson Hole, on the Idaho side, so fun!