2014

2014

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . .

I'm no photographer so you'll have to bear with me, but I did take some pictures of our Christmas decor . . .

 Our Christmas tree hung with ornaments.  I love the Japanese ornaments my parents gave my kids last year.  When they kids got them out this year, they were so excited about them and hugged and cuddled them.  :)

 My father gave us this nativity set years ago.  I love it.  I made the star out of our backyard twigs and some hot glue, then added lights for an added effect.  I like it.

 I don't know why, but I am stricken by these pictures.  I adore them.

Our beautiful banister all lit up.

 Our stockings all hung with care, but not by the chimney . . .

 A fun, musical snow globe!   We got this from Great-Grandma Dee.

Someday I will have a better advent - but this old thing will have to do for this year.  Each day there are 2 candies - one day is for the girls and the next the boys.  The "20" is for the girls - why then, you ask, is there only one candy in there?  Because Lucy stole two from the number "1" tin and thus had to lose out on two of her days.  That sneak!  (In terms of lying and stealing, Monday was not a good day for Lucy . . . )

And, of course, our beloved elf Eljin.  How the kids love him and love finding out where he is each morning (ooops, the second morning he was here he forgot to move . . . That silly elf.).  He is Santa's eyes and ears during this critical month of December.  :)  Our kids totally believe in him . . . all of them.

P.S.  It's also a winter-wonderland outside . . . with over a foot of fluffy white snow.  Which means our kids get their very first Snow-Day tomorrow - that's right, no school for them!!!

3 comments:

erinmalia said...

i want to see pictures of your snow. and nice work on the star above the nativity. i like it.

Nicole said...

I love it! It looks so beautiful! I need to get garland to do my banister. Well, and finish everything else! So much to do when we've never done a tree before!

Niederfam said...

BEAUTIFUL, really. And when you toss your advent calendar, toss it to ME…….please??? ;)

I thought our Elf was the only one who occasionally stayed in the same spot, because it's SUCH a good one!!! ;)