2014

2014

Thursday, December 05, 2013

Snow Day

Besides the little incident of me telling my kids that I didn't like them (I didn't at that moment!), our first Snow Day was a success I think!  This was the first snow day that our district has had in over 20 years.  I guess that is what 12+ inches of snow and single-digit to negative-digit temps will do!

Lucy had gymnastics class and then we headed out to go sledding.  It was a lot of fun.  Jonas and Emmy really got in to it - the last 1/2 hour they just kept going down together in all sorts of kooky positions.  They loved it and it was super fun to watch.  Lucy went down for the first half, and then she was done and just stood and watched all the kids.  Miles had fun sledding and then went off somewhere doing who-knows-what - hitting the snow off the trees and the such, perhaps?  Examining snow crystals?

 Wheeeee!  The sled was all broken up by the time we were done!

 Fun times.

 I just had to show a close-up of her face.  How great is that!?

We lucked out and had brilliant sunshine that helped the 14-degree day seem not so bad!

In the afternoon the boys went out front and were there for hours, while Emmy and Lucy played with Lily inside our house for hours.  I think everyone was happy.

 Cool.

Cool.  Literally!  By this time, the clouds had come in, the sun was getting low - it was cold!

Definitely a hot-chocolate-snack kind of day!

School starts back tomorrow. . .

3 comments:

erinmalia said...

oh how fun! i'm so glad you got to get outside.

Niederfam said...

So fun!!!

Nicole said...

Um I was just writing what Nat said. Sisters! Love the look on Emmy's face! So into it :)