2014

2014

Friday, January 10, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

So I haven't always been a New Year's goal-maker - some years I've made some, other years I haven't.  But I did teach a lesson a couple months ago in Sunday school and it inspired me to do so.  There was one quote that stuck with me:  "If it's not written down, it's just a wish."  So I thought I should write them down.  Truthfully, I haven't even figured them out yet (I know, I'm like 10 days late!).  But I thought if I forced myself to sit down and write this, I would force myself to take the time to figure them out.  (I've been thinking about them for a while, I just haven't formally formalzied them yet.)

So here we go, broken down in to four categories:

Mental:
Take a free course from BYU online.
I can't think of much in this category.  Any brilliant ideas out there?

Physical:
Do a 50-mile bike race/ride
     (I've done lots of 1/2 marathons and plan to do another one this year.  But since I've done them, I thought      I should stretch myself.  A 50-mile ride would do so.  We'll see!)
Snacking on only fruits and veggies during the day - except for the weekends.
     (I've kept out eating sweets during the day for a while.  But I thought I should eat more f&v - particularly      veggies.  Hopefully this will help.)

Spiritual:
Read the Ensigns for each month
Read the RS/Priesthood lessons for each week's lesson
Figure out some kind of outline or something for more organized and less last-minute FHEs
More service activities for our family
Visit different widows a couple of Sundays each month with my kids

Social/Paretal/Misc.?
Plan, organize, and execute a Mother's Day 5K race
Re-read Love and Logic and The 5 Love Languages of Children
Actually apply what I read!

That's what I got for now.  I can't remember if I had other ideas floating around my brain.  If so, I'll add them.

P.S.  I had one goal for last year and it was to read the entire 4 book of scriptures:  the Bible, Book of Mormon, D&C, and Pearl of Great Price (I had found a schedule online to follow.  You read from the Bible and Book of Mormon or D&C or PofGP each day) .  I read them all - okay, okay, maybe I skimmed some parts in the bible.  But not much.  But probably somewhere in Isaiah, among a few other spots . . . I'm glad I did it.  I'm glad I'm done with it, too!  :)


3 comments:

erinmalia said...

nice. what about for mental do read X number of books? or learn how to cook something new? (once i did make my own pie, something new to me.)

Emily said...

No suggestions, but those sound great! I'm impressed with your list. I definitely need to do you snack one- I always eat junk!

Niederfam said...

AWESOME…….Congratulations……I THINK everyone skims through the Bible and especially in Isaiah! ;)

I don't have any suggestions either………..looks good to me!!!