2014

2014

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Out of the Mouth of Lucy

As we were making bagels and Lucy was pouring in the honey, I asked:  "Where does honey come from?"  Lucy didn't quite reply and so I said, "What animals make honey?"

Lucy said, "Rats."



Later on in the day Lucy was asking for milk.  I told her "not right now."  She then said to me, "If you don't get me milk, I won't play with you!"  "Okay!" I replied.  (I was tired of playing dolls . . .)  She then told me that she was just teasing.  Darn it.  :)

3 comments:

erinmalia said...

okay, rats? that's disgusting. would she eat it if it really came from rats?

emily said...

totally disgusting, you're right. i don't know if she'd eat it or not - probably because she's three and maybe just "doesn't know better." ya know, just accepts the fact that she lives in a world where rats make honey and we eat it.

i'm glad we really don't live in that world.

erinmalia said...

yeah, ollie didn't seem to care if rats made honey. ha. kids.