2014

2014

Friday, March 14, 2014

A sick day with Emmy

I already posted these pictures on Facebook, but I want them on my blog, too.  So Emmy got sick Tuesday evening.  I had picked up her from gymnastics and she started complaining of her stomach.  "Well maybe you need to go to the bathroom, eat something, or something.  We'll see."  We rushed home and got ready and then headed out to get ready for the Blue and Gold Cub Scout banquet.  Luckily my partner Misty had done most of it for the evening.  As soon as I was helping kids out of the car at the church parking lot, Emmy told me again that her stomach hurt and that she thinks she is going to barf.  I quickly told her to get out of the car and get on the sidewalk.  As I was getting out my stuff from the car, Emmy barfed on the lawn.  And her tights.  And her shoes.  Poor girl.  She hung in there for most of the evening's activities (though not eating a single bite of food, including the cupcakes), but did manage to barf one more time in the bathroom - missing the toilet, but at least not on the carpet!  That night, around 11:30, she puked again - hardly anything, luckily.

So . . . of course she stayed home on Wednesday.  Frankly, it was kind of nice.  When she's sick, but not super sick, she is just a delight because her emotions are just even and calm.  We bathed, read lots of books (with Lucy, too, of course), cleaned the girls' room, and even painted:





I adore how their pictures turned out!  (I got the idea from here: http://www.thechocolatemuffintree.com/2014/03/how-to-make-abstract-kandinsky-painting.html?m=1)

It was a nice day.  Oh, and why is Emmy's hair in curlers?  Because she wanted them.

Now her hair will be curly for school.  :)

2 comments:

erinmalia said...

so glad to get the curlers explanation. it was driving me crazy on FB! i can't believe how much she looks like you. well, i guess i can. do you see it?

emily said...

she loves her hair curly. :) no, i don't see how she looks like me at all. she's waaaaaay prettier. :)