2014

2014

Friday, May 02, 2014

Signs of Spring

(Sorry for those who check my facebook, too - this was posted there as well).

 "Spring on the Windowsill."  The girls and I made those pretty "stained-glass" butterflies today.  Miles' wild flowers that he planted are doing well in the pot.  The girls and I made a little "Jack in the Beanstalk" craft, too - we planted a bean and it should grow up the stick to the castle.  Love spring.

And here is my first rhubarb pie (the only kind I really like) of the season.  Too bad I don't get to eat it! :(  We are doing a fundraiser in our ward tonight and so I made this (as well as my chocolate mint brownies) to auction off.

A funny (and it will probably turn out to be long) story about the wording on the pie.  I shot my sister a quick email telling her about the pie I'm making and what I should say on it (I like to "write" on my pies).  I thought maybe something like, "Buy me," or "Eat me."  She emailed me back with the suggestion of "Bebop-A-Reebop Rhubarb Pie."  Of course!  So I went to the kitchen and started working on it.  Sadly, I realized, my cookie cutter letters were going to be too big for all those words.  So I started cutting by hand.  By the time I had written "Bebop-A-Reebop," I know I couldn't fit all the rest.  So I went to get the phone and call my sis to see if she thought I should just do "pie" afterwards (Yes, a silly thing to question about - thank goodness for sisters so I can ask my silly stuff to.)  When I'm in the office, I then see another email message from Erin that I hadn't seen yet:

"oooh. hahahaha
i didn't quite read your email.12:54 PM
i thought you had to write something on a card.
i would not have given you this advice had i read it correctly
but if you want to try it, well, go for it!
maybe just bebop"

Haha, too late!  I called Erin and told her what was going on and she thought I should keep it at "Bebop-A-Reebop."  Another great idea, sis.  :)

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

see?! it all turned out for the best. i'll try to be a more-thorough gchat reader from now on. but seriously, i think it's perfect!