2014

2014

Tuesday, August 05, 2014

A couple odds 'n ends

I'm showing this mainly for my sister's sake.  We had seen a really cool window at a house in Midway, UT and I wanted something like it for my front-door window.  My sister helped me figure out what to search for ("window film") and I found something that was cheap and I loved.

Here's how it looks:
I really do love it.

Also (I'll try and not make this super long) we bought a "new" 24-year old truck on Saturday!  :)  It's an upgrade from our 30-something year old truck we've had.  Ben started talking about how it would be nice to have a "commuter" car - just something else to have to drive to Junction if he had to, etc.  But our friends have a truck that fits their whole family of 6 and so that got me thinking that we could get a truck instead - thus getting rid of the other truck that Ben doesn't drive far distances because of the poor gas mileage it gets.

Anyways, we ended up going to Junction (we have the greatest of friends and were able to drop off our 4 kids at a moment's notice and not have to take them with us!) and purchased a "new" truck.  It fits 5 of us - but after talking to my brother-in-laws, I now know that we can add a lap belt in the back and thus have it fit all 6 of us.  Eventually.  :)

Anyways, here are a few pictures of Ben's truck (it's definitely Ben's, since I can't drive a stick . . .  but maybe, just maybe, I'll learn on this truck!).
The back?  The bed?  Whatever you call it.

The truck and Ben.  :)  Ben hates the non stock-tires and hopes to sell these and buy some normal ones, but otherwise, he loves it.

The back.  See, plenty of room for 3 kids (frankly, all 4 of my kids could fit at this point!).

Miles in the driver's seat.  Such a scary thought.  :)

The kids LOVE it.  LOVE.  LOVE.  LOVE.

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

wow. it's super pretty! obviously that's about the only thing i can say about it because i know nothing about cars. but so happy you have something that can go long distances...and maybe carry a sailboat. HA.