2014

2014

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Midway Trip

Here are some pictures from our lovely Labor Day weekend with my parents in Midway:

I ran the Swiss Days 10K, just like last year.  And, just like last year, I had a PR.  53:something.  I had a secret goal to try and finish in the top 5 (last year I was 10th) for my division - because there would be a prize.  I finished 6th.  :(  But I still had a good run in beautiful Midway!

And, just like last year, we got great seats for the Swiss Days Parade.  We parked my dad's "machine" (also called Grandpa's toy, Polaris, Ranger, or thing) on Main Street and then we were set - we got to watch it from his machine.  It was perfect.

The kids get on the street so they can grab all the candy that is thrown out.  Awesome.

After the parade we went and walked around the vendors' booths - which are all pretty awesome.  Such cute and cool crafts and handmade items being sold.  We went for a swim later that day - in the cloudy, slightly drizzly afternoon that it was.  Which was pretty fun.  We went for a ride on the thing and then Ben and I went out alone back to Swiss Days and walked around (and bought a few Christmas gifts for my kids - from my parents.  :).  We met up there with everyone and had dinner - for free since my parents had volunteered for quite a few shifts and had earned "tickets," which bought our meals.

That evening Ben and I, then later my mom, played a little bit of pickleball, which turned out to be fun.  The kids had a blast riding scooters and other toys at the paved path.  It was a nice evening.

Sunday was church and then we drove to Cascade Springs.  It was very pretty up there!
 I love this picture!  Such a cute bunch.

See the signs of fall?  Because of the cooler-than-normal August, fall is popping up all over already.  Nice one Jonas.

Lucy posing on a bridge.

Emmy ever so beautiful.

Our family.

After our drive we came back and watched Frozen.  Ben showed me Lucy's cute face - so genuinely loving the movie.  This picture does not do her expression justice at all.  It was so sweet watching her watch the movie.  :)

That night Ben's niece, Katie, came up for dinner.  Katie is living in Provo and attending UVU.  It was so fun to have her come and my kids were super excited!  They wanted her to spend the night.  :)  We had a yummy dinner cooked by my mom and then we took our family plus Katie out on the "machine" and took her on a tour of Midway.  It was nice and cool on the ride.  :)

Monday morning we went swimming again and had a really fun time.  The boys jumped in at the deep end and practiced "swimming" back to the edge.  Progress.  Miles actually swam the width of the pool twice.  A HUGE achievement for this non-swimming family.  Then we just got ready and drove back home - with stops at BYU's Bean Museum and Grand Junction's Cafe Rio.

Another lovely weekend with family!

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

i guess this explains why you didn't call me. i forgive you. but thanks for another jealous-inducing post. :) i'm glad you guys had a great time AND that you didn't get a flat tire. phew.