2014

2014

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Day Jonas turned 9

Well I think Jonas had a great day!  He just was really happy and everything.  By 8:30am he had already exclaimed, "This is the best day ever."  So weird since all he had done was open a couple of presents, like a Santa cup and a Rubik's cube - which will probably not be "fixed" until Uncle Chuck comes over!

But it was a cute statement and I think he could just feel the excitement of the day and that it was focused on him.  :)
 Birthday boy with his birthday cereal!

After church and lunch (I let Jonas eat his birthday cereal for lunch - ugh!) Jonas got to choose a movie to watch.  He picked, "Rise of the Guardians."  I only caught the last 10 minutes, but it looked pretty good.  Jonas had seen it before and just loved it, I guess!

Jonas' "big" present - a Ripstik.  A really weird and funky skateboard.  I really wanted this picture, though, to show Lucy's face.  Hahaha.

We started a "12 days of Christmas" thing on his birthday so Jonas got to try out his Ripstik as they went to deliver a can of pears.  :)

Just cutie Lucy.

And silly Emmy (who all of a sudden crashed after dinner with a horrible headache.  Came home from school at 9:30 on Monday and by 3pm had a fever of 104.  But by 5pm, she was fine, fever had broken.  I kept her home today but she's been 100% fever-free.  Crazy!)

What a cool looking 9-year old.

The birthday boy and his cake - a skateboard.  Can you tell?  Yay, well no worries, it wasn't one of my favs.  My last 2 cakes haven't been anything too great.  But my kids still like them, I guess.  And that is the point, right?

Anyways, it was a great day!

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

NINE! he is cool. and that mouth of emmys--oy. :)