2014

2014

Sunday, February 22, 2015

KaBoom!

So I was in my first-ever car accident this past week.  Of course it was when I was going somewhere for myself - you know, to eat lunch with friends (something I do, oh, like, never) and talk about a race we want to plan and organize.

Anyways, I had Lucy with me and little Wren - the 8-month old that I babysit sometimes.  We were driving down Townsend and all of a sudden I realized the car in front of me had stopped.  I applied my brakes very hard and then sighed when I didn't hit the car in front of me - which was very close.  A few seconds later, however, KABOOM in back of me!  Then I went and hit the car in front of me - and then he went and hit the car in front of him.  Aiyiyi.  My two girls screamed out and cried.  I jumped in to the back and took Wren out of her seat.  Lucy told me her head hurt.  The girls settled down quickly and we just hung out in the back as one police officer checked on us and then told us another one was coming and would be dealing with the situation.  An ambulance came as well.  It took me a while to get out of the car.  I was sure my car would be smashed in the back and in the front.  So I was totally surprised when I finally got out and couldn't see even a dent in my car.  Nuts.  The car in front of me got a screw embedded in his bumper from my car.  But that was all.  The only car we noted to have any problem was the car behind me:  her new jeep was leaking fluid, most likely radiator fluid the men said.  No one was hurt.

We finally had to pull off the road and the policeman got all of our information.  Then we were sent on our way.  I was too late and too shaken up to go to lunch, so I just came back home.

When Ben got home he noticed a few more issues with the car.  Behind the front grill of our car, the radiator has been bent.  The bumper in the back might have a few problems as well.  So we'll get it checked out and fixed.

I have a little bit of a sore back and neck.  But nothing that bad or that serious.

The scariest part was just having two little ones with me.  So glad everyone was okay!

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

oh man, so scary to have this happen with the littles. but obviously hooray that you're okay. car accidents are the worst. (along with everything else that's the worst.)