2014

2014

Monday, April 27, 2015

Happy Anniversary

Well Ben and I have been married for 13 years now.  Crazy.  I don't even remember, nor can I fathom, what our life was like when it was just the 2 of us newlyweds.  Weird.

This might have been the lamest of anniversaries for us, but I don't say that in a complaining way.  It's just where our lives are right at the moment.  If our anniversary would have fallen on a different day (any day but a Monday!), we could have probably spruced things up a bit.

Ben worked all day.  From 3-5 I am busy with my school's Girls on the Run program.  Ben came and got the kids by around 4 at the school and took them home.  Then he got the boys to gymnastics.  They are there from 4:30-5:30.  He ate dinner with the little girls at 5 and then took Emmy, with Lucy, to soccer practice from 5:30-6:30.  I got the boys from gymnastics and we ate dinner.

Then everyone was home and we had FHE.  It consisted of looking at our wedding album.  That was fun and the kids enjoyed looking at the photos.  I did make an awesome FHE/anniversary dessert for us.  Homemade mint ice-cream with homemade brownie mixed in.  It was in honor of our Cold Stone wedding reception food.  :)  Ben loved the mint and brownie ice cream and so I made us some.  It was A-mazing.  YUM.

We were actually going to go to dinner with the family, but I really wanted to go to Colorado Boy and they aren't opened on Mondays.  And Mondays are too crazy anyways.

So dessert today and dinner tomorrow.

I don't think either one of us even thought of getting the other a gift.  Perhaps that is because we just got a new car and new hardwood floor.  Speaking of the floor, here are a couple of poor-lighting pictures of our new floor:

As you can see, we still have some trim that needs to be put up.

Anyways, we love our new floor.

But not as much as we love each other (cheese!), lame-anniversaries and all!


2 comments:

erinmalia said...

first, happy anniversary you crazy kids!

second, those floors look great. what a difference!

Elder James and Sister Dixie Galbraith said...

Your floors are beautiful, Emily. They should last for a long time, too. And, congratulations on your wedding anniversary which, of course, I had forgotten. Dad