2014

2014

Monday, December 07, 2015

Winter Sun 10K, 2015

Well it was the 33rd annual Winter Sun 10K; for me it was my 3rd annual.  And, as always, it was wonderful and fun!  It's the perfect little get-away - not too far and not too long.

I picked up two gals on Friday at noon (after a school PAC meeting, watching Wren, dropping Wren off, and dropping Lucy off, oh, plus packing since I didn't have time beforehand . . . it was a busy morning!).  We drove to Moab; did some grocery shopping; played a card game of Monopoly (fun stuff); ate a yummy dinner of spaghetti, salad, fruit, and bread; chatted with friends (the two I came up with, plus the others that were already there); etc.

We got up and ready Saturday for the race.  It was fairly warm and definitely sunny - practically perfect for a run.  I felt super on my race (I was wearing brand-new never-ran-in shoes!) and had a really good time for me:  51:58, according to my watch.   A new personal record for me.  I felt wonderful afterwards as well.  We stayed a bit for the awards and raffle prizes - which my friend Kandace won one of them!  We then grabbed some lunch and then headed home.  I made it back in time to take the kids to the Parade of Lights, while Ben got dinner ready.

It was a great trip and I'll be excited to do it again next year!

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

one of these years i want to do this with you. or the moab half. i love girls' running weekends. oh, and congrats on the PR!