2014

2014

Sunday, March 20, 2016

A couple of firsts today . . .

Miles was sustained to hold the office of a deacon in sacrament meeting last Sunday, March 13th - but, unfortunately, he had gone out to blow his nose and so was not present for his sustaining "vote."  Kind of funny.

He was then set-apart as a deacon after church with just our family present.  It was a nice blessing.

So today was his first day of passing the sacrament.  He also was in charge of bringing the bread and so Miles and I made some last night.  He did a fine job!  He was about 2 feet shorter than the rest of the group of there.  But that was to be expected.  Jonas commented on his stature and I told Jonas that it won't be much different for him when he's up there.  :)  Cute, short boys.

I also had a first today.  I drove Ben's stick-shift truck to church.  It was super scary!  I had thoughtfully planned my route.  I stalled twice on my way there; it was at a 4-way stop and I had to wave people on.  It was awesome.  Then coming home I waited until most people were gone from the parking lot.  I also planned a strategic way home that worked out just dandy.  I didn't stall once.  I pretty much stayed in 2nd-gear (my route is all through neighborhoods), but did venture into 3rd a few times.

I'm glad that's over with.

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

hahaha. so brave, driving the truck! also, hilarious.

so jealous of those in your ward. we have gluten-free bread and it's disgusting. i'm sure if we had your bread, i'd be searching for the biggest piece instead of the tiniest crumb.