2014

2014

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Cub-scout Pinewood Derby

Well maybe you can tell it's our umpteenth pinewood derby by the lack of a lot of pictures!  But we had a derby on Saturday night - it was followed by a ward derby.  I made a car for the girls . . . it didn't do great, but it didn't do horrible either!  I didn't get any pictures of it, though.  Oh well, picture a pinewood derby car, painted white, with glitter, and two lego girls sitting in it.  There ya go!

The day of the pinewood derby Jonas told me he had been having nightmares about his car being last.  I was glad he brought this up . . . I told him that his car was built for style and not speed.  We had talked to him about this when helping him come up with an idea for his car.  So it was a good thing I got to brace him for it beforehand.  :)  And his car . . . well it did get 2nd a time or two.  But mostly 3rd.  Jonas handled it well.  It was a cool car van, though, that's for sure!

 Jonas waiting at the finish line for his first race!

 What a stylin' VW van, right?!  :)

I hadn't gotten any front shots, so I just took this one.  Cool!

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

that vw van is super cool.