2014

2014

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

I'm 37

This is the 2nd time in my life that my birthday has fallen on Easter.  I didn't mind that at all.  I was a little bummed about my birthday falling on fast Sunday however.  But I made up for that on Monday by eating some yummy Easter chocolate!

Easter/my birthday was a nice day.  After I survived the morning (how many more of these do I have to do alone!?), we made it to church and all was well there.  The primary kids sang me "You've had a birthday."  I lead it - which was awesome since 3-year olds can lead better than I do.  :)

After church we did a few things, including reading the Friend and making resurrection rolls (which Ben and I didn't get to eat - boohoo).  I then made the whole family go on a walk, pulling out the "it's my birthday" card - since I can only do that once a year!  We had a fun walk with our family, including the 2 dogs.  We ran in to our neighbors at the park as we were walking by and we visited with them for a while.

Dinner was more of a "what Emily wants," as opposed to a traditional Easter dinner:  homemade tomato soup and homemade Artisan bread (homemade by me . . . :).  It was delicious.  Ben made and decorated an awesome rice krispie cake - go Ben!

We watched a bunch of Bible videos related to Easter Sunday and that was pretty much that.

2 comments:

erinmalia said...

well yes, old-people birthdays are just lame. but this is slightly better than lame, so good for you!

sorry but i'm slight incredulous that out of all the food in the world, you chose tomato soup! BLECH! hahaha.

Elder James and Sister Dixie Galbraith said...

Birthdays for older people are certainly better than the alternative. Happy Birthday, Emily. It's a beautiful family photo...too bad Ben wasn't in it, too!