2014

2014

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Randy

So Randy is still here working on our home.  Nothing turns out to be simple in this house.  Unfortunately a lot of "work" done on our home was more cosmetically done - and now Randy is having to go in and fix it and do it the right way.  One case in point (there are hundreds):  he was going to start putting in our bathroom counter-top yesterday.  But the previous owners didn't even attach our cabinets to the wall correctly and there was some funky plywood board and other mish-mash work done that the counter itself wasn't close to being level.  So he had to pull off the counter (which was no easy project as the people hadn't even done that right!), attach the cabinet, make a new top, etc., etc.  But Randy expected something like that anyway . . . :)

Here are a few pictures of what's been happening with our remodel:
 We've had fake flowers up on that shelf since we've moved in . . . and I was ready for a change.  I found these prints online and ordered them.  I bought the frames at the dollar store.  I love it.  The prints match perfectly with our wall and black counter-top.  Love.

 Here are the stools we bought.  I love them, too.  The kids love them, too.  :)

 Our bathroom floor - and Randy's "stuff."  :)  It a faux-wood tile.  I love it.  Randy came up with the fancy pattern.  I think it turned out great.  Everything still needs to be grouted.

 The top part of the shower.  Randy came up with the fancy tile-work above the shower as well and I think it turned out super.

 More of our shower.  I love it!

Haha, I wanted to show the shower floor, but too much stuff was in the way.  :)  Randy cut over 250 squares from our floor tiles to make the shower floor.  It looks great!

We're getting there . . . and I can't wait to have 2 bathrooms again!!

2 comments:

erinmalia said...

i didn't even know you were doing this! how exciting!

Elder James and Sister Dixie Galbraith said...

Mom & I love everything you're doing.