2014

2014

Sunday, May 01, 2016

GOTR 2016

Yet another year of GOTR.  I've been helping out as a coach once again - but just "part-time."  Sort-of.  Some weeks are full-time.  :)

The 5K race this year was held in Montrose - a first for me!  It was so nice not to have to be gone the entire day for a 5K.

Although Emmy never really ran with the official GOTR during our training, she wanted to do the 5K.  So I registered her and she and I ran it together.  I held her hand most of the time - too keep her from going too fast AND too slow.  :)  It was awesome to do it with her.  She walked just a few times and for less than a minute each time.  Her time was 38 minutes.  She's been a little down this week with a cold and I wonder if that affected her somewhat?  She was definitely tired, but also willing to keep running and going.

Our whole family was there to cheer us on as we finished.  I then dropped off Emmy with the family and ran back to catch up with our last girls.  I finally got to them and I helped them pace themselves to a good finish.  :)

The 5K is truly the best part of the GOTR season!

 The finish!

Yay!

2 comments:

erinmalia said...

Way to go, Ems! How come she didn't run with the girls the rest of the season?

Elder James and Sister Dixie Galbraith said...

I was going to say "Way to go, Emmy" but your aunt beat me to it! Anyway, Emmy, congratulations!!! Keep it up. Grandma & Grandpa G