2014

2014

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

We've got a 6-year old in the house

Lucy's 6th birthday went like this for her:
 Good morning!  Lucy is 6!

Lucy got to open all her gifts early as Ben wouldn't be getting home until dinner-time and we had a full evening.   Lucky Lucy.  :)

The girls had a fun morning playing with Barbies.

I had invited some girlfriends over to play with my girls - not a birthday party, but more of a play-date. There were 2 sets of siblings that came over - each set with a girl Emmy's and Lucy's age.  They all did preschool together and it was fun having them all over.

Lunch time for 6 girls!

The girls did the slip-n-slide on and off and had fun.

I took the friends home after a few hours and while I did my kids got to watch a Lucy-picked movie.

Lucy had gymnastics and I had Emmy go with her to her class as Emmy would have to miss her gymnastics as we had back-to-school.  I think the girls had fun together!

Ben came home around 5:30 and then we had dinner and headed out to Northside for back-to-school night.  That was fun and we went to Jonas' and Emmy's classrooms and met their teachers.  Lucy went in each of the kindergarten rooms and had fun (she'll find out her teacher on Thursday afternoon).

Then we came home for some cake and homemade strawberry ice cream:
 This cake is a bit funny looking - alright, a lot funny looking!  I wanted a cute swimmer's cake and this is how it turned out.  :)  Miles made the face and goggles.  I made the feet.  :)

Now can you see it?  My kids didn't know what it was at first.  :)

Happy birthday to you!

Yes, 6, but she still loves her boo.

I love our little six-year old.

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

Only 364 days until her next birthday! Maybe she should create a count down chain for it. :) Looks like she had a great day! So glad we got to spend so much time with her.