2014

2014

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Girls' Week

Okay, so our week will have waaaaay more pictures!

We went to Utah because I had signed up the girls for Cub Gymanstics Camp.  It was Tuesday through Friday, from 9-12.  I left on Sunday because I enjoy driving on Sundays . . .  We had a yummy dinner when we got there and it was lovely to be in Midway with my parents again!

Monday:
On Monday my mom took us girls to get pedicures.  It was super fun and the girls loved it - it was their first time.  Emmy didn't love the massage-chair, but everything else she loved.  Lucy loved it all.
 Fun, fun!

 Emmy waiting for her toenails to dry.

Cute little feet!

We went swimming afterwards and then after dinner we went, with my parents, to the County Fair's talent show.  It was really fun and the girls liked watching all the performances - especially the Hamilton number.  But it was really long and so by 8:15 we were done (although it wasn't) and left for home.

Tuesday:
This was their first day of gymnastics camp!  The girls got there and signed in and were put in to their different groups (based on age).  I stayed around for a bit to watch.
 Emmy doing her round-off back-handspring.

 Lucy doing a pull-over on bars.

After I left I went to the bookstore to browse and shop.  Until I was kicked out at 10:50 because the store was closing because of the BYU devotional.  Gotta love BYU!  :)  I wandered around campus and checked out the Museum of Art - the awesome store there, not the actual art.  :)

 The girls loved their first day and were super happy and excited to tell me all about it!

 I bought us each a BYU hat.

We came home, ate lunch, and then went swimming.  After dinner my parents had a meeting to attend and so the girls and I rode our bikes down to the cheese-factory farm for some ice cream.
 The girls had the giggles.  :)

 Hmmmm, I don't know what to say.

We rode our bikes around some of the neat neighborhoods and then headed back for home.

Wednesday:
 I got up each morning and either rode my bike or ran.  Emmy really wanted to run with me one morning and since I was doing a later work-out (more on that later), I told her I would take her running around the path on Wednesday.  It was a fun 15-minute jog with Emmy - she did great.

We then got ready and I drove the girls back down to BYU.  I dropped them off and then headed to Riverton where I was going to do some triathlon-training.  I'm doing the Sprint Triathamom on August 19th.  It's in Riverton and the pool is a 50-meter pool.  Our pools are usually confgured in 25-yard lanes and so I just wanted to try the 50-length laps before the actual race.  So I went and did 1000 meters of swimming.  It's an outside pool, which was different, too!  It was pretty nice - except for the sun that blared in my face.  :)  After I swam I went on the bike route for my race.  I got lost towards the end (darn round-about!) - well not lost, but off the route.  But it gave me an idea of what the ride will be like.  I did a short little run - short for 2 reasons:  1.  I wasn't planning on running and so I only had my chacos and 2.  I needed to get back to BYU and pick up the girls.  It was a good, hot workout.

The girls had another great time on Wednesday and told me all about the different skills they were doing.  It was fun to hear.  We came back and had lunch and then my mom took us shopping at the thrift store.  The girls found lots of cute things and we'll save them for school - so perfect.  I even got a few items myself.  I saw my elementary school best-friend's mom at the shop - but my mom convinced me it wasn't her and so I didn't say anything!  (But I came home and messaged my friend and it turns out it was her mom!)

We went out to dinner at one of our favorite local Midway restaurants and then back to the County Fair for the hypnotist show.  We saw a hypnotist show last year at our fair and the kids loved it.  My parents had never seen one.  It was super fun and funny to watch - although I have a hard time believing/knowing who is and who is not really hypnotized.  The girls loved it and thought it was better than the one they saw last year.
We rode my dad's "toy" to dinner and the fair - it always makes the outings extra-fun!  :)

Thursday:
 The girls liked playing Uno while eating their breakfast each morning!

 I'm horrible at selfies!  But after I dropped off the girls at BYU I went to the old Provo Temple and did a session.  It was nice.

 Once again, the girls had a great time at camp.  After I picked them up we went to Swig.  We each got a delicious, but way too big even for me, smoothie.  The girls got a sugar cookie, too - they were huge and the girls couldn't even eat 1/2 of them!  (No worries, my parents and I came to the rescue and helped finish them off.  :)

My mom had texted me that we should go to the This is the Place Monument and that they (my parents) would meet us there.  So after camp we drove and met up with my parents.  Emmy wasn't sure she totally wanted to go, but she had no choice . . . But the girls had a great time and Emmy told me multiple times that it was "really fun!"

 Besides walking in neat pioneer homes, the girls got to try lots of different pioneer activities.  Like hand-washing clothes,

 gold-panning,

 leather-stamping,

 horse-riding, and more.  We found out that walking on stilts is a lot harder than it looks!  It was a fun day and we topped it off by eating at one of my favorite restaurants (in honor of my sis's birthday, of course) - Ruth's diner.  I loved my halibut-tacos and Emmy ate ALL of her fish-sticks.


Thursday was our last chance to swim and so after getting back from dinner, we went swimming again!  It's definitely one of the girls' favorite activities to do!

Friday:
 We had some extra time before camp and so we stopped off at the temple and walked around for a few minutes.  Although Provo is funny-looking, it's still pretty!

Friday was their last day of camp.  I decided to go to the bookstore one more time for a bit (and scored with a new dress that was 1/2 off!) and then I went back to the gym to watch the girls for the last couple of hours.  I loved just sitting there and watching them on all the events - it was good to see what they had been doing all week.  The girls weren't the top girls in their groups, but they were one of them, for sure.  So that was kind of fun to see.  Each day the girls rotated through 6 stations:  floor, tramp, beam, bars, vault, and dance.  Plus a popsicle break each day.  :)

 Lucy doing a spotted back-handspring.

 Emmy doing a front-flip in to the pit.

 Emmy sitting next to her camp best-friend, as she called her.  The girls' name was Jayce and I think she even lived in Midway.

 All of the groups' coaches were current BYU gymnasts.  On Friday a few off them showed off some of their awesome moves.  This gal is Angel, of of Emmy's coaches.  She did a double lay-out fly-away from the bar.  It was very good!

 Lucy doing a cherry-drop off the bar in to the pit - one of her favorite things to do!

 Emmy on the bar.

 Lucy with her group.  When they were first told to salute, Lucy awesomely did a military-style salute.  Her Grandpa G. would have been proud.  :)

 Emmy's group!

 All the girls did a 7-minute dance routine at the end and that was that!  The girls loved it and I was glad they got to have that experience!

We walked up to campus and grabbed lunch at the Cougar-eat.  Then we drove home - back to real-life and our boys . . .  :)

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

Sounds like an awesome week. Hooray! Utah is the best.