2014

2014

Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Ultrasound. . .

So. . . the big question is . . . will my baby be wearing this dress (bought in Guatemala) or not???? But since we all know I do on occasion put my boys in pony-tails and, yes, even put Jonas in this dress once for fun - the real question should be: Would it be appropriate for me to have my baby wearing this dress?????

To drag it on a little further, take a look at this photo and see if the color of the wafer gives anything away????



So what does a pink wafer mean??? It means that the ultrasound gal (???) found an absence of a boy, and what looks suspicious of a GIRL. I'm a little skeptical with it being a girl, but as there was nothing showing the opposite, and reason for her to believe it's a girl, I'll guess we'll go with that for now!

So after Miles and Jonas got up from their nap, I told Miles that the doctor took some pictures and that it looks like the baby is a girl. Miles has been very adament that the baby is a boy, and was especially sure this afternoon that, "No, mom, it is a boy." I told him that the doctor really thinks it's a girl. Then my poor Miles started to get REAL sad and cry. When I asked him why he was crying he told me that, "I don't like girls." How sweet and cute. He was truly devastated.

But, alas, I had bought some pink wafers to celebrate the occasion and that seemed to pacify him - and even make him quite happy!

Truthfully, I think it will take us all a little while to get used to the idea of a Baby Girl. But I'm excited about it - however I do think it will take a little while longer for the boys in the family to get used to it (including Ben.) :)



6 comments:

Meg said...

You seem to be following in the footsteps of the family you grew up in. Girls are soooo fun. You will love her after about the 1st 3 months of having her and not want to give her back for all the boys in the world. I was sure that Ellie was a boy when we went for our ultrasound. While we didn't want to know what we were having, I knew exactly when the technician looked and I saw that it was a girl. Greg thought I was full of it, but I was right! I remember just crying afterwards because I wanted a boy sooooo badly. Having seen that she was a girl gave me time to get used to it. If she had come out a boy I would have been REALLY upset.
So, here's to pink, cute clothes, drama queens, hissy fits, and tons of joy.

Kristen said...

EMILY!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!! That is so great and exciting. A little girl! Even though Miles is a little "unsure", he is going to love and protect her. However...... he might be a little upset at the fact that she can wear pigtails out and he can't. Hmm...... Who knows though....you might give in. :) Love it.

erinmalia said...

so funny you have this guatemalan dress because i have a little dress i bought in mexico! ha. and yes, as megan said, you're about to have the "erin." you've already had the "brian" and "derek." and i have the perfect onesie for her! can't wait. think of all the fun things i can make for her! and hysterical that miles cried.

Anonymous said...

TOO FUNNY!!! I love Miles reaction, I think Mitt would have done the same thing, although he's the one that keeps telling us "Baby Jane" is waiting in heaven, so who knows??? :) Miles will decide she's okay, and I"m betting Ben will be wrapped around her little finger in a heartbeat!!! :) SO....CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I can't wait!!! And she will have many many more options, including flip flop choices, so what are you worried about, right?? :)

rebecca said...

Yes! You will love a little girl! How fun for you Emily! Yay!!! I'm so happy for you. She will be wrapped around Ben's finger and spoiled by her big brothers. So . . . what are the names in the running? So fun!

megan said...

So I'm a little late to the party but congratulations! I'm sure you will love your baby no matter what gender. And Ben will too. When I found out Charlie was not going to be a girl, I was just fine with it even though I thought I really really wanted a girl. (isn't it funny how we all have to tell our ultrasound stories). Anyway, congrats again!