Then she explained that window treatments are window curtains. Oh, then call them curtains.
So she helped me sew my first curtains back in our rental home in Grand Junction. I then made some curtains in our first home in New York. And it's taken me a while, but I finally made some window treatments (I've matured now and call them window treatments) for our home here.
Here they are for the big windows:
At first I thought these would turn out pretty lame and plain. But I like how they actually turned out when "folded" up and tied with ribbon. It's a pain to do it, but oh well! All I had to do for these were sew up the sides and wah-lah! Nothing complicated about it - that's why I was able to do it.
Then here is what I finished up tonite, for our small little window:
Then here is what I finished up tonite, for our small little window:
This is an "hourglass curtain." Now my mother-in-law gave me instructions for making these - but unfortunately she didn't come with the instructions. So I was at a total loss! I seriously can not understand instructions for the life of me. When I finished up the big window treatments I thought, "Hey, maybe it would be fun to make some cute things for the baby." Ehhh, no. I can't follow a pattern. So I winged A LOT with this curtain - and it all worked out.
Anyways, as you can tell from the windows, it is dark outside and I must be going to bed.
7 comments:
your window treatments turned out beautifully! i'm so proud of you. i wish i could come have a sewing party with you.
I love them!!! Very cute. Where did you get the fabric? Is it that online place you were telling me about? I need the website. I will eventually be redoing all the window treatments in our house, so keep posting pictures of the ones you do.
yes, the fabric was from jcarolinecreative.com
it's a great place - TONS of fabric, though! almost too many!
and i think for now that i am done. :)
i'll be excited to see some of your window treatments - how fun!
and erin, maybe for your b-day you can come out here and we'll have that sewing PARTY. :)
They all turned out so cute! And that little window in your kitchen is adorable. I'm in love with your house. It has so much character.
dude, I need some window treatments too. Does hanging a twin sheet up count as window treatments?
SO CUTE!!!! I'm so jealous. I've saved the fabric website and will be in touch when I actually have windows to cover.....YEAH!!!
definitely, kristen, definitely!
Post a Comment