
Well obviously this is my fourth pregnancy as I do not know what week I am at, exactly. I know I am somewhere between 28-31. If I really thought about it I could figure it out because I know I did my glucose testing at 28 weeks - but I can't really remember if that was one or two weeks ago. Probably just 1 week?But I do know that I didn't really even want to post these pictures, but I had committed myself to documenting my pregnancy with pictures a little more. But I am totally more self-conscious than I have ever been about the size of my belly. Not because I'm any bigger than any other pregnancy - cuz I don't really think I am. But I think it all relates to looking at past pictures and seeing me at just about 9 months pregnant with Emmy. I get HUGE. GINORMOUS. Not all of me, luckily. But my belly, whoa. My face gets softer and rounder, too, but that doesn't bother me so much. I just wish I had a few more inches for my babes to stretch up and down, not out and out. I'm so self-conscious about it that I only tell people that I am due in August or "in 2 months" (which I've been saying for about a week or 2). It's not totally true seeing as I am officially due on August 23rd. But all my other babes have come 7-10 days early, so it might be somewhat closer to the truth.
Anyways, I guess I was just hoping for some kind of miracle with this pregnancy - as in I wouldn't poke out so much.
But when you are 4 feet and 10 inches tall (I used to say 4'11, but my true measurement is thus that I must round down), perhaps that is too great of a miracle to ask for?
(At least that's my excuse. I won't even dare blame this belly on all those delicious chocolate chips I've had. . .)
7 comments:
of course i know exactly how you feel. it is miserable being short and pregnant. you look great, but i know that's of no consolatino.
you look great! if it makes you feel better, i am taller than you and still get REALLY big towards the end. really big. a girl in my ward even confirmed that the other day when we were chatting about my pregnancy with ada. :) nice.
Oh my gosh, you really are a darling pregnant mama!!! I'm not kidding, I said "awwww!" out loud while reading this post. :) And, I just love your blog. I really do. Your kids are so dang cute and I love reading all about it. Have a great day! xoxo
I echo the comments, you really do look FANTASTIC. So cute, but I know how you feel. It's just "pregnancy" and THANKFULLY we aren't ALWAYS pregnant but at about this stage, you FEEL like you've always been pregnant! HANG IN THERE.
Hey at 4 10 you look great at this point! I wonder what grandma galbraith looked like pregnant. That would be fun to see a picture of! Maybe you'd feel better?? Who knows!!
There is noting cuter than a pregnant mommy. You look great.
You are too funny. You don't look abnormal at all for this stage of pregnancy. I can rightfully say that since I just saw you. Believe me, I wasn't thinking, "Wow, I know Emily's pregnant, but that belly of hers is SOOO huge that it doesn't look normal." Nope, didn't think that. I think you look so cute and NORMAL with your present condition and contrary to any amount of convincing you won't look abnormally huge at 9 months either so stop saying otherwise in your head right now!
Post a Comment