So I think we are all blessed with tender mercies like all the time. We just don't always realize it. Like Lucy could have seriously choked a number of times in the past 2 or 3 days:
1. She had sneakily climbed up the kitchen stool and had gotten a candy heart (hard candy) and placed it in her mouth. Luckily I realized it soon enough and grabbed it out of her mouth. Of course she screamed.
2. Another time I came in the office and saw Lucy. Her mouth looked full. I grabbed out a wad of a rubber-band. She did not scream.
3. She was in our back room rummaging through Ben's backpack and had gotten a little baggie out. The baggie was full of loose pills - ibuprofen, excedrin, etc. I grabbed the bag and then reminded Ben (kindly) that we need to be more careful. . .
4. Today she was eating some yogurt for lunch. I remembered an email I needed to send out quickly. As I was in the office I heard Lucy asking for me. I thought she wanted down so she could go galavanting with her already galavanting siblings. I got there and she opened her mouth for me. I then pulled out a few pieces of a broken up plastic spoon. Sheesh!
I am indeed very grateful for even the smallest of tender mercies. Because I really like Lucy. Like really.
2 comments:
oh gosh. why with the choking?! it's only your worst nightmare. i am so afraid of this with ollie.
Oh my word girl. She doesn't quit! Good luck and thank HF for his awesome watchfulness <3 We really like Lucy, too! <3
Post a Comment