It's a little early to get a Christmas tree, yes, but it was also the right time to do it for us. Ben will be gone next weekend. And I really wanted a nice scrawny tree this year - more Charlie Brownish than our trees have been the past few years. And that meant we go on our hunt to the Grand Mesa, as opposed to a closer spot (that has the bushier trees). Comprende? So usually the Mesa can be quite snowy and quite cold and quite miserable for little kids and, thus, little kids' parents. So if a trek to the Mesa was what I wanted then today was the day to go - little snow and very unseasonably high temperatues.
(Man, I don't know why I'm so wordy. . . )
It turned out to be a great day to go. Yay! In fact, as we were driving up there - and literally about 5 minutes from our destination - I told the kids, "Bummer, I don't think there will be snow." Jonas replied, "Then why did you make us wear our snow pants?!" Luckily there was plenty of snow to be played in. Yay! And it was also very warm (relatively speaking - I think it was in the mid-30s). Yay! And we got a great "Charlie Brown" tree. Yay! And there were only a handful of tantrums! Yay!
Pictures:
4 comments:
well i want to see the tree all set up! but man, that looks awesome. i'm so amazed sometimes at the things you do with all four kids.
I'm so impressed you go and hunt down your own Christmas tree. Very impressive! Can't wait to see what it looks like in your house!
Oh i loved it! Loved this post. So fun!!
ok, you all are just a handsome crew. love the pictures. love the hunt!
Post a Comment