What it looks like: Emmy finding an egg. Reality: Emmy finding an egg.
What it looks like: a Maxwell Easter-egg hunt. Reality: a very simple and "thrown-together-at-the-last-minute" Maxwell Easter-egg hunt.
What it looks like: Jonas and an armful of eggs. Reality: Jonas and an armful of eggs.
What it looks like: a happy Emmy finding another egg. Reality: 2 minutes later Emmy was crying because she only found two eggs.
What it looks like: Jonas and everyone helping Lucy get an egg in the tree. Reality: Everyone Loves Lucy.
What it looks like: 4 nice and well-behaved children checking out their spoils of the hunt. Reality: a lot of bickering over "hey that's my egg," i.e., "I don't care if you found that egg, that was one that I had decorated!" It was sort of spoiled by a 9-year old and then more spoiled by said 9-year old's mother who lectured the kids and went off on a few other things . . .
P.S. We did this early since we are going to be driving on Easter-Saturday and Sunday. We are going on our first ever not-visiting-family vacation. I LOVE visiting family, but I am excited to be going a real vacation, too.
P.P.S. I'm 34 today!






4 comments:
Have a great time on your trip! I made the ministrone meatball soup today in honor of your birthday of course! I subbed the chicken broth for beef and added some beans, we loved it! And Happy Birthday too, you young thing, you.
WooHoo for you!! I hope you all have a wonderful vacation and I hope you had a splendid birthday!!
haha. that miles. always making your life easy, right? have fun in CA!
Happy birthday!! Hope some celebrating for you manages to get in your week too :) Glad you are taking a non-family vacation! It will be a blast, I'm sure :)
Post a Comment