This past school year the 3rd graders had to work on a state "probe." I think that's what it was called. Similar to a state report. Miles' first choice was Alaska and he thinks he was the only one who wanted that state and so he got it (his other 2 choices were Maine and Wyoming).
I think he did an excellent job and wanted to showcase it. :)
So here is his project. They had to do a report (stapled on), plus a nice border, draw the state (Miles was able to trace it), label the capitol, and draw the flag. I think those were the requirements.
Here's a close-up of its awesomeness. His border is the state tree, Sitka pine, and the state bird, Willow Ptarmigan. I just adore how he wrote "Alaska." The "A" is a mountain, the "l" is a pine tree, the little "a's" are lakes, the "s" is an earthquake fault, and the "k" is an oil digger.
I'm sure his Uncle Derek would have given him an A+++!


4 comments:
it is so cool! how fun to have a kid this old doing awesome things.
WOW. Impressive. Glad he got his first choice. I'd give him an A +++ too!!
So creative!
wowzers! good work, miles!
Post a Comment