So I haven't always been a New Year's goal-maker - some years I've made some, other years I haven't. But I did teach a lesson a couple months ago in Sunday school and it inspired me to do so. There was one quote that stuck with me: "If it's not written down, it's just a wish." So I thought I should write them down. Truthfully, I haven't even figured them out yet (I know, I'm like 10 days late!). But I thought if I forced myself to sit down and write this, I would force myself to take the time to figure them out. (I've been thinking about them for a while, I just haven't formally formalzied them yet.)
So here we go, broken down in to four categories:
Mental:
Take a free course from BYU online.
I can't think of much in this category. Any brilliant ideas out there?
Physical:
Do a 50-mile bike race/ride
(I've done lots of 1/2 marathons and plan to do another one this year. But since I've done them, I thought I should stretch myself. A 50-mile ride would do so. We'll see!)
Snacking on only fruits and veggies during the day - except for the weekends.
(I've kept out eating sweets during the day for a while. But I thought I should eat more f&v - particularly veggies. Hopefully this will help.)
Spiritual:
Read the Ensigns for each month
Read the RS/Priesthood lessons for each week's lesson
Figure out some kind of outline or something for more organized and less last-minute FHEs
More service activities for our family
Visit different widows a couple of Sundays each month with my kids
Social/Paretal/Misc.?
Plan, organize, and execute a Mother's Day 5K race
Re-read Love and Logic and The 5 Love Languages of Children
Actually apply what I read!
That's what I got for now. I can't remember if I had other ideas floating around my brain. If so, I'll add them.
P.S. I had one goal for last year and it was to read the entire 4 book of scriptures: the Bible, Book of Mormon, D&C, and Pearl of Great Price (I had found a schedule online to follow. You read from the Bible and Book of Mormon or D&C or PofGP each day) . I read them all - okay, okay, maybe I skimmed some parts in the bible. But not much. But probably somewhere in Isaiah, among a few other spots . . . I'm glad I did it. I'm glad I'm done with it, too! :)
3 comments:
nice. what about for mental do read X number of books? or learn how to cook something new? (once i did make my own pie, something new to me.)
No suggestions, but those sound great! I'm impressed with your list. I definitely need to do you snack one- I always eat junk!
AWESOME…….Congratulations……I THINK everyone skims through the Bible and especially in Isaiah! ;)
I don't have any suggestions either………..looks good to me!!!
Post a Comment