So Miles is a pretty bad speller - and that's putting it quite nicely. There is no real spelling program at his class (or that I really know of), so I have him do spelling each day (M-Th, test on Friday - or the following day, or the day after that - or whenever I finally remmeber . . .). There was a great book at the library that has a bunch of "tips." Ones I've never heard of - like, when to end a word
in -c vs. -ck. Tip: if it is a 2-syllable word, it ends in -c (picnic, traffic, magic); if it is 1-syllable, it ends in -ck (stick, pick, lick).
Anyways, one day last week his daily assignment was to pick 5 words and write 5 sentences. His sentences made me laugh (and cringe because of the bad spelling!).
Here it is: (oh we were focusing on the suffixes -able vs. -ible) Spelling words are italicized.
"Cake is edible. It is also enjoyable. Dog poop cake is horribal. But choclat cake with frosting is loveable. It is possibal that you can make a cake! Try it!!!
Funny speller that Miles is. Creative sentence-maker that Miles is, too.
1 comment:
oh that's funny. lovable, eh?
Post a Comment