Miles was sustained to hold the office of a deacon in sacrament meeting last Sunday, March 13th - but, unfortunately, he had gone out to blow his nose and so was not present for his sustaining "vote." Kind of funny.
He was then set-apart as a deacon after church with just our family present. It was a nice blessing.
So today was his first day of passing the sacrament. He also was in charge of bringing the bread and so Miles and I made some last night. He did a fine job! He was about 2 feet shorter than the rest of the group of there. But that was to be expected. Jonas commented on his stature and I told Jonas that it won't be much different for him when he's up there. :) Cute, short boys.
I also had a first today. I drove Ben's stick-shift truck to church. It was super scary! I had thoughtfully planned my route. I stalled twice on my way there; it was at a 4-way stop and I had to wave people on. It was awesome. Then coming home I waited until most people were gone from the parking lot. I also planned a strategic way home that worked out just dandy. I didn't stall once. I pretty much stayed in 2nd-gear (my route is all through neighborhoods), but did venture into 3rd a few times.
I'm glad that's over with.

1 comment:
hahaha. so brave, driving the truck! also, hilarious.
so jealous of those in your ward. we have gluten-free bread and it's disgusting. i'm sure if we had your bread, i'd be searching for the biggest piece instead of the tiniest crumb.
Post a Comment