2014

2014

Sunday, December 16, 2018

The Day Jonas Turned 13

Of course, earlier in the day, the girls liked to remind Jonas that he wasn't yet 13.  But by around 5 or so MST, he was officially a teenager!  I tried to make his day special - although being at school all day makes that a little tricky.  But I think he had a pretty great birthday.

 Jonas' big gift was a new cruiser bike - to get him to and from school and around town.  He had seen this bike on ksl.com - we showed it to him and he thought it was cool.  So I had my dad pick it up in Salt Lake - how nice of my dad!  Jonas asked us a few days later regarding the bike and we told him that it had been sold.  He was bummed.  But, apparently, not convinced that it wasn't us who bought it. . . . so he had his suspicions all along.  :)  When I met my mother in Wellington, we transferred the bike from her car to my car - how nice of my mom!  It was a group effort to get this used-bike and it was well worth it.  Jonas loves it!  (In fact, he has an interview right now with the bishop . . . he begged to ride his bike to the church for it.  Totally.  :)  ).

 Yep, 1-3!

 He opened one gift in the morning - a one-pounder of Reese's peanut butter cups.  That's his favorite candy!

 Aiyiyi, that's huge !  Jonas said it was like a mini-pie!

 Since I had the time, I decided to ride a bike with Jonas to school.  It was crispy outside - 14 degrees.  But it was super fun on our bikes.  Jonas kept saying over and over again - "It's so cool!"  About his bike, of course . . .

I checked Jonas out at lunchtime and we took him to one of his favorite places to eat - Sinclair.  Just kidding, it was really Crash Burger.  The kids all pitched in for his lunch.  That was their gift to him (after I requested it from them . . .).

Miles bought them each a shake - Jonas got candy cane and Miles had eggnog.  I tried them both - yum!

I just had to put this in here due to Miles' goofy look . . .  It was a fun outing for all of us!

 After school and after Randy left (I had to call him in the afternoon to help out with a busted pipe in our house!), Jonas opened his gifts.  He got an asked-for/picked-out ski helmet.  A football.  Some new, awesome clothes.  Money.  A gift card to make a mug at Amazing Glaze (he's the last member of our family to make a mug!).  And he and Miles, since they share a room, got some Harry Potter bedding/throw blanket.  A book.  What a lucky kid!

While I got dinner ready (Tortellini pasta with a homemade Olive Garden salad), the kids went to Northside.  The girls played tetherball and Jonas and Ben had fun with the football!  I'm not sure what Miles did . . .

So we ate dinner and then went and watched Jonas' picked-out movie:  Solo.  The Star Wars movie.  Jonas and Miles had seen it, but the rest of us hadn't.  It was a fun show!  Of course we stopped for an intermission to enjoy some cake . . .

 Not my most-awesome of cakes, but still fun.  Jonas picked it out.  Miles sculpted the skier - which turned out great.  The cake was delicious!

 Jonas decided that since he was now a teenager, he gots to light his own candles . . .

 Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, . . .

 A fun day celebrating a fun boy!

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

Happy birthday Jonas! I want to come ride bikes with him.