2014

2014

Wednesday, December 05, 2018

The Rest of the Family's Weekend

While I was away in Moab the rest of the family had quite the fun weekend as well!

Ben ended up working way more than he was planning on, but it all worked out - thanks to our aging children.  :)

So Ben didn't get home on Friday until close to 7pm.  I had called and asked Miles to make dinner - pasta sauce over noodles.  He happily agreed and did!  The kids watched a movie that night. 

On Saturday Ben dropped the girls off at gymnastics.  Not too long afterwards Ben got a call asking if he would/could help first assist a case at the hospital.  It was a simple, minor procedure and so Ben agreed.  However, another more emergent case came in and so Ben helped out with that one and then finished up with the original, planned case.  He was at the hospital for about 5 1/2 hours.

Meanwhile, Miles had to walk down and pick up Emmy from gymnastics.  Then walk down Main St. to help Emmy pick out a present for a girl.  They Emmy and Miles continued further down Main St. and Miles dropped off Emmy at the birthday party - Amazing Glaze (a pottery studio).  Not too long afterwards, the boys went and got Lucy from gymnastics and walked back home.  It was so nice that Miles could do that - plus it was so nice that we live so close to gymnastics, Main St., and where the birthday party was being held!

Ben got home around 3:30 or so and they quickly headed out in the truck for the Christmas Tree Hunt. Although I, too, enjoy participating in this annual event, this was the day to go (due to our schedules) and so they had my permission to do it without me!  We had gotten some snow the night before and so that made it extra-fun to be up in the forest with the beautiful, sparkling snow.  They picked out a lovely tree and had a lovely time.

On the way back, Ben dropped them off at Main St. so that could watch the parade.  Northside Eelementary was the first float and so it was fun they got to see the beginning.  Ben dropped the dogs off and then walked down and met up with the kids.  The parade is always fun and neat - but also so long!  So they left before it was done.  :)

On Sunday Ben again got called by the hospital to help out on a case.  He wasn't on-call this weekend, the hospital was just wanting first-assist help.  So Ben went in - luckily he had been able to attend all of sacrament meeting.  Again, he was there for a little more than 5 hours.  I got home about an hour after the kids had gotten a ride home from church.  We set up a lot of our Christmas decorations and that was fun.  We watch a movie on fast-Sunday and it was Ben's pick:  Little Women.  It was great.

Yes, that's the tree they picked!  That's what happens when I'm not there as a voice of reason . . . It's huge!  But, really, it's not too big.  Ben chopped off the bottom 4 feet and then took the rest!  It's a beautiful tree and I'm glad I wasn't there to tell them it was way too big.  :)

Shaking off the snow . . .

Emmy working on sawing it down . . . :)

Bella's first time in the snow - I think she liked it.  She mainly just chased Brigham around as Brigham ran all around!

The kids watching the parade!

I'm glad we all had a fun weekend!!

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

That tree! Holy moly. Also, I want to see it in your house.