2014

2014

Friday, November 01, 2019

Halloween 2019

Well I feel I am getting lamer and lazier every year . . . so poor Lucy. But she loved her costume, so I shouldn't be too sad, right?! The boys were decided (by their dad) to be too old to go trick-or-treating. I think Jonas was more okay with it than Miles. :) But they made the most of it and enjoyed their Halloween, too, I think.

 The girls were having a gymnastic's party on Wednesday and Emmy said she would bring donuts. Luckily her Tuesday church activity was canceled (due to trunk-or-treat on Wednesday at the church) and so we spent the whole evening making these adorable Pumpkin filled donuts. When I say whole evening, I mean 6:00-9:30. Emmy loves it so much. :) The donuts were awesome (I had a bite of Ben's. Donuts aren't my thing. But bites are. :) ).

 I hung out at Lucy's school in the afternoon. I made candy-corn looking rice krispie treats for their class party. Fun, fun.

(Ha, our blue painter's tape is in the pictures . . .). Lucy was a purple crayon, obviously! She turned out pretty cute. Too bad the shirt and pants dyed different hues, even though I had them in the same bucket for the same amount of time (I know, fabrics absorb dyes differently . . .). She still looked fun and was excited about it - especially the hair. That was a big hit at school.

Emmy was Luna Lovegood, from Harry Potter. But in this picture she is wearing her fake eyelashes that she bought at Walmart. Their "Crew" class at school dressed up as VSCO girls and so she thought the eyelashes would be fun for that. 

She looks more like Luna without the lashes, though. :) Those are homemade radish earrings - seeing as Luna wore radishes for earrings . . . Emmy's outfit was pretty awesome and cute!


My cute girls.

 Jonas pretended to be a not-real scary creature. Then the kids would come up and he would jump up and offer them candy. It was pretty great. One kid thought he was a robotic decoration and kicked him. Ha. Too bad we only had like 10 kids come by, though. Still, Jonas did great and had a fun time the few times he got to trick the kids. :)

 I came up with a brilliant idea: have Miles take the girls and the girls would pay him in candy. It was a win-win: I (nor Ben) had to go trick-or-treating. I usually don't mind, but I just wasn't in the mood for it. Plus, it was a bit chilly. Also, it still allowed Miles to get out and participate - and get some candy. I told Emmy it was fun for her because it's cool not having your parents go with you. She kind-of agreed. :)

 We finally used our fire-pit (a free one we picked up in Midway) and it was perfect! Ben enjoyed it greatly.

 Well, as I mentioned, our neighborhood was pretty dead when it came to trick-or-treaters - like 10 or less at our house! But what that meant for our kids: people giving them handfuls of candy. :) So they ended up getting a lot of bang for their buck - or candy for their time. They lasted about 1-hour and then Emmy's feet were just too cold. They told us of one house scooping up tons of candy in to their buckets - so we let Jonas run down to get some himself. Too bad the wife answered a just gave him a few pieces. Haha, it was pretty funny. The girls shared lots with the boys and so all was well and fun.

  Lucy eating some sour candy!

 We finished the evening eating some candy and watching a few shows. Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

Halloween is the best, really.