2014

2014

Thursday, December 19, 2019

A Release . . . and Then a Call

Image result for Young Women's lds clipart

So if you actually ready my posts (no judging here if you don't!), then you might have caught the little blurb on me getting a call from a High Councilman on my trip to Moab. The call was to inform me of my release from serving as a counselor in the Stake YW's presidency. It's a calling I have done for about 2 1/2 years. I was told to be expecting a phone call from my bishop in the near future.

The Stake YW president (she's also one of my favorite friends) was also there in Moab. After I got my phone call that Friday evening, I remembered that as we were pulling in to Moab earlier that day, that she had gotten a call from a member in our stake presidency ("Oh, hi President Nelson" was what I had overheard. :) ). So I figured it was about my release. So we were awesome and as we sat next to each other, we texted about a few things (we couldn't openly talk about it as a bunch of other ladies were there). Turns out the Kandace knew more than I did at that point. Well, perhaps I should say than I "officially" knew. 

As soon as I got the release and then was told about the bishop calling me, I was 99% sure I would be called as the ward YW president. It's something that has floated through my mind many times, especially in the past couple of months. I didn't know when I would get that calling, but was pretty sure it was in my future.

So, lo and behold, after tithing settlement that Sunday, our kids were dismissed and the bishop extended me the call to serve as the ward's YW president. Yay! Scary! I am really excited about it, though, and was pleasantly surprised and delighted that Emmy is excited, too! (Although she will miss her old YW's prez.)

My unique presidency is made up of myself and a co-president from the Spanish branch (our youth are combined), as well as two counselors. They are a great group of ladies and I'm really excited to serve with them and to love our YW.

My mom was curious about the "stats" of the YW. So, just for fun: There are 20 girls listed on the directory. I would say 8 of them are active/partly-active. We will be getting no new YW in 2020, unless someone moves in to the ward that age. Oops, I did forget the branch. I can't access them. But I think there are 2 active/partly active girls from there.

We met as a presidency last night and talked about lessons, activities, goals, camp, and more. Oh it'll be some good times ahead! (Oh, and a ton of work, of course.). Oh, I should also mention that I think the Lord truly looks out for us. How interesting the timing of me getting a new job and being allowed to quit my night job at the hospital - which would have had me gone for half of the activity nights. I'm glad that's not the case!

Alright, it's time to Go & Do!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wahoo! YW is the best.

Unknown said...

Um, that's me. Your sis. I'm just being very mysterious!