2014

2014

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Last weekend

Last weekend Miles and I were involved in some fun activities!

For me, it was my annual Moab Winter Sun 10K weekend. A group of us left Friday morning, went to the temple, shopped a bit in Moab (I found an awesome Athleta dress at the second-hand outdoor store), and then hung out at our awesome condo eating our traditional pre-10K dinner: homemade chicken noodle soup. Always delicious. My evening was a bit disrupted (as well as my night) by a phone call from a high-councilor in our stake, but more on that later . . .

The race has actually gone downhill since a racing company took over it a few years ago. We got the EXACT same shirts as last year. Super lame! Plus NOTHING in our swag bags. Super lame again! The post-race raffling and awards were done haphazardly. So, this might be our last time doing this race (the company might even be dropping it themselves . . . ). But Moab and friends are always a win, so it was still a fabulous weekend.

I had been pretty sick the whole week leading up to the run (getting sick the day after Thanksgiving). So I knew it wouldn't be my best time . . . and so I just decided not to check my watch (determining my pace) during the run and to just run what my body could do. Well, as I got to the finishing area, my time was waaaay slower - like 10 minutes! But, it turned out the route was poorly marked (or even that the police car in front lead the wrong way?) and we all (as in 90% or more of the runners) added a half-mile loop to the run - mostly up-hill, too! So that made me feel better about my time!

After the race (oh, I did win a hat in the raffle) we ate lunch, took a nap, and then hiked a little in Arches. That night we went to dinner (I had amazingly delicious fish tacos) and then just hung-out at the condo. We left early Sunday morning and I made it home for church. It's such a fun weekend with friends; something I truly look forward to every year. Next year we just might have to either A. Find a new run somewhere else or B. Not run, but still go to Moab! :)

 The five runners all done - yay! (Eight of us went, but five of us ran.) Nikki, Heather, Sarah, Kandace, and me.

 At Broken Arch.

It was a bit nippy out, but felt good walking around the cool arch landscapes.

Now on to Miles . . . he had his first climbing competition in Carbondale (up by Aspen and Glenwood Springs). He was able to get there on the team bus - a 3+ hour drive. He had a great first meet, as he was told by many of his teammates. He really had a great time; he really, really likes climbing. Cool! A nice mom took this picture of Miles:
That's my boy - hat and all! I'm just glad he's part of this group and gets to have these experiences. His next meet is here, so we'll get to watch him. Fun!

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

Oooh, there's a great (and flat!) half out here. I think they even have a 10k. Come do it!