And Ben was making his way back home from Denver in awful traffic:
The girls and I got out and had a fun day in Ouray:
We started off skiing at Lee's Hill - a lovely and free tow-rope hill in Ouray. :) (I had wanted to take the girls to Silverton, but a storm dumped on Red Mountain Pass on Friday and it didn't look good for driving that morning.) Poor Lucy inherited my short & stocky calves that don't feel good AT ALL in ski boots. She cried and cried . . . until I undid her top two buckles . . . (When we got home I saw that she had tall soccer socks on - no more. Just ankle socks for her and I!)
We had the hill to ourselves practically. A young couple were there for a bit (she was learning how to snowboard) and then a boy skied over from his house and joined us. :) He was 8 and very, very good!
The tow-rope is not for wimps! It's hard! But fun and cool.
After our arms and legs were sore, we stopped skiing and went to Ouray's free ice-rink. A few other families came - but we were the only ones who knew how to skate, ha. It was fun!
It's a little bigger than our backyard rink . . . :)
A few videos:
1 comment:
UGH, I just want to be there so bad! Ha. Let's get this figured out. Although, I'm not sure my boys would want to ski with your kids, given that they're complete novices. We'll see!
Post a Comment