I got a call from Csilla that Monday on our trip - her son, Levi, was helping take care of our dogs while we were away. They had taken Brigham and Bella on a walk - and Bella got attacked by another dog a block away, an english bulldog. Per Csilla, the dog was clamped on Bella's neck for 15 seconds or so. The owner finally pulled his dog off (opening its jaw) and then Bella darted away. Csilla and Levi were dealing with Brigham, the biting-dog's owners, etc. Then the search for Bella began. Long story short and after several people telling them, Bella was found just sitting on a bridge near the park close to our home. Csilla checked her out and thought everything looked okay - which is might have the first day or two. But she had a pretty good wound and it was pretty large and yucky looking by the time we came home and saw her. Emmy was in tears. But Bella went to the vet the next time and she's doing perfectly awesome now. She only wore the cone of shame for like an hour. She couldn't lick the wound anyways, so whatever. Cute Bella.
I had to work the entire week we got back. So the girls found things to do: like spray-paint their clothes. I think they turned out pretty adorable! (They had stencils to work with, too - cute, cute.)
On Saturday morning, I went hiking with two of my friends - some of the best. We had a great morning and were able to make it up to the Upper lakes. It was quite nice without a backpack on! It was great to get out with friends - it's been a long time of doing so without kids . . .
Me, Heather, and Sarah. Blue Lakes in the background.
We probably missed the peak of flowers, but the columbines were still impressive!
The beautiful waterfall before the lakes. Gorgeous - as are my friends!
The girls wanted to try to take their bunk beds down and just have side-by-side beds. So Ben spent a lot of time working on it - and I helped a bit. When Lucy came in, she cried because she hated it. Haha. But once they started putting their bedding on, their things back in the room, etc., it grew on her. I think she likes it now - at least for a while. Emmy loves it. It's a tiny, but cute, room.
Mentally last week was exhausting. I can't take more of the news - and I don't even check it much at all. Sadly, most of my "news" comes from Facebook. Which usually sucks. I can't stand either extremes and of course that is what social media is all about . . . But life goes on and we'll try to make the best of it all! Here's to another week!



















1 comment:
My boys are constantly switching from bunks to single beds. UGH. Once we made them sign a contract that they wouldn't ask until six months later. Ha. But it looks adorable!
Post a Comment