Well some of the rooms in our house got a makeover this past week. After listening to the girls end their day with fighting night after night, we thought maybe it would be good for them (and us) to have their own space. When I told the girls, they were both ecstatic. Or beyond ecstatic - whatever that word would be. Lucy started packing up Emmy's things that very night while Emmy was at gymnastics, ha. (The girls decided Lucy would keep the shared room and Emmy would move into the TV room.)
Friday evening we started the big transition - moving out Emmy's bed, dresser, lights, etc. The girls love their new rooms. :) Except they both felt badly because the rest of us were quite bummed about losing our TV room . . . We tried out a few different options, but it became apparent the place for our TV was going to have to be our living room. Ben's not a big fan of the TV in our front room and, frankly, none of us were sure we loved the idea either. But Ben and I went couch-shopping on Saturday and found and bought a great set (our first purchase of new couches). Our living room is lovely now and everyone (including the hesitant boys) love it. So in the end in worked out swell for everyone!
It's hard to get good pictures of the rooms, but here's Lucy's. She loves all her open space!Our new TV/living room. It's great. Jonas, who is photobombing, approves - which says a ton. I guess Ben and I can count this as our 19-year anniversary gift.
And that's that for this week.







1 comment:
There's so much space in the girls' rooms now! I love empty space. :) My boys' rooms feel so full. Blah.
Post a Comment