2014

2014

Monday, November 22, 2021

Random November Pics

We did a mini-pie making activity for YWs. The leader who was to be in charge has moved and so I did it - but made it pretty easy by using pre-made pie dough. That helped a lot. I had never made mini-pies before, but they turned out super cute. The lattice pie was apple pie and was baked in mason jar lids - so cute and worked out great. Then pumpkin pie baked in ramekins. Finally, pecan pie made in muffin tins. It was a fun evening. (Emmy is making her eyes wide because she thinks they are squinty like mine. :) )
Laughing is always good.

Mike Rowe, who is pretty famous and has thousands and thousands of followers, posted this on Facebook on Veteran's day. I actually commented on his post with his:
And then Mike Rowe actually commented back to me - I felt so . . . famous or something. His post ended up with over 3,000 comments. I had 100 likes, etc. on my comment. Kind of fun - that was my Happy Vet's day gift to my dad. :)


I just found these on my phone and thought they were cute. :)

Lucy was getting ready to go to the high school's football's semi-final game some Friday night. She's been quite busy with birthday parties these days . . . She had three in two weekends, including two on one day (one from 1:30-3:30 and then 4-10). One was even a boy's birthday party. :) This boy liked Lucy and "asked her out" (whatever that really means). Lucy said yes. But then was quite distraught when this boy wanted to sit with her and her friends at lunchtime. So I think their relationship lasted like 2 or 3 days, haha. But he's really a nice kid and now likes her friend. Perfect.

It's a little dark, but Emmy was eating an apple and both dogs were begging patiently for her to finish and give them her core. Which she eventually did. Silly dogs.

This is how my life feels right now. Plus, this has happened a lot to me . . . I pick up my groceries from Walmart's pick-up. Then I open the back door and something falls out. If I am lucky it is something like cereal or fruit. But it has been milk (on multiple occasions), a jar of pickles (like the first time I had bought pickles in like a year), a jar of marinara, etc. It's sad. I need to get a netting or something.

That's it for now! Hopefully we'll have some good pictures from Thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

Here you go: https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/vertical-cargo-net-with-storage-bag-23132561?year=2019&make=Chevrolet&model=Suburban

Or this one for much, much cheaper: https://www.amazon.com/Trunk-Envelope-Chevrolet-Suburban-2015-2020/dp/B097V3FBSG/ref=sr_1_6?gclid=Cj0KCQiAkZKNBhDiARIsAPsk0Wji2eKL0vmv2voKohqxq_ydfJ7luHWepNnRVDI9vhWy3za7SBJ7orAaAnbjEALw_wcB&hvadid=153738820264&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9007782&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=7967645147356223897&hvtargid=kwd-34190111603&hydadcr=6836_9196387&keywords=cargo+net+for+suburban&qid=1638235907&sr=8-6